Petition against the Stimulus Package

the House passed. the Senate passed. the final bill was supposed to be allowed 48 hours prior to the vote in order to allow the American people to view and decide. it was posted on the internet only 12 hours before the vote.
now it just takes the sweeping penstroke of our President to make it official. Obama PROMISED to allow FIVE days for the American public to have their say before signing anything. yet he plans to sign it Monday, when it passed on Friday.
can anybody count??????? that is FOUR days! you can rat on me all you like for being nit-picky, but it only takes an inch of allowance to get trampled! A majority of the politicians representing US, the citizens of our free nation, are LIARS and CHEATS. if you are against this bill and want to do something about it, sign the petition here:

http://www.tcunation.com/profiles/blogs/petition-post-the-stimulus

if somebody can find a better way to fight this, please share!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just chalk it up to Obama's "transparency"...

Whoops. Another campaign promise broken already, I guess!!
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure signing an online petition does the job near as well as writing hard core letters and calling them on the phone. Washington really takes notice when their phones lines stay jammed and the media picks up on this as well. Give out phone numbers and lets call. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I wrote a letter to the President begging him to Veto it until our Senators have the computer version and the Americans have had there say. I asked him to do as he promised and to give those who did not vote for him the hope he has inspired in the ones who did, I asked him to think of our children and our childrens children. I asked him to listen to us something the government has long ago forgotten to do. Now let's wait and see.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 2:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I asked him if he had that little faith that our Senators that he thought they would kick out the good and keep the bad, why the rush.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 2:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• WHERE DID ALL THE OBAMA SUPPORTERS GOOOOOOO???? He and his Democratic counter parts in the house and senate have now shown themselves out and out liars! And do you know when I caught Anderson Coopers 360 they didn't talk about ANY of the pork in this bill?! It was crazy!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I find it a remarkable coincidence that the president and congress say that many of these so called stimulus pakages won't take place until 2010. Guess what - that is re-election time! Well let's show them then how we feel.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• momof030404-- You're right! Sure IS quiet 'round here!!! What's that I hear?

rolling on floor

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• LoriKeet.... That's the sound of Obama supporters in retreat. Be quiet...be very quiet....LOL
    loflingirl

Answer by loflingirl at 3:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• lmao.. good, anyone that can support this bill makes me sick.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• What is really sad is that they didn't even read it all themselves before they signed it!
    OnlyKellybelly

Answer by OnlyKellybelly at 3:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2009