Do you get upset if you don't get anything for Valentines day?

I know that VD is a commercial holiday and I hate that it is a mandated day to get gifts, but I also know if I don't get something small my feelings get hurt a bit. I don't want chocolates or roses, I just want somethig that lets me know I was thought of. I know weird....

Is anyone else like me? YOu hate the holiday but am brainwashed enough to feel a bit of hurt if you don't get anything?

dakotaNrye

Asked by dakotaNrye at 1:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• im the same way!
    Anonymous

• I'm wishing you Well! I'm sending you Happy Valentine's Day Care Wishes! Hope today has A surprise for you! Know you're Loved ,appreciated wished Well & Everything! I Love to Give things & tokens.. I don't expect anything back.. But if I touched A Heart & made someone Happy I'm Happy! Its a nice to be thought of & remembered!! I Love loving Kind Days & I want to appreciate them & Everyone I know...!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Thanks Angel! That did make my day! My Valentines day is awesome this year, I am on vacation!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Not at all! I told my husband I didn't want anything, because usually you get things like chocolate or roses. Roses will die, chocolate will be consumed and in the end, you spent too much money on something that didn't last. lol.
    He gave me a big hug and kiss and told me I was beautiful this morning. That was all I wanted..
    I'd rather have a day showered with attention, compliments and love over something bought from the store.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Pink, that is what I mean. I would like something, not chocolate cause that will make me fat and then I will cry about being fat. I would be happy if my husband did what your s did
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i am just happy to get to spend the day with my husband doing nothing together....knowing that he loves me is enough....i dont want anything but him and his love on vd or any day of the year....
    luvinhayhaybub

Answer by luvinhayhaybub at 8:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I can agree with you too.
    I like the " its the thought that counts"
    I mean I got my daughter a card and a box of chocolates and set it on the kitchen table right in front of my husband so it would be a surprise for her, then the next day I give him a card as well, a box of Lindor chocolates and a single stemmed rose, and nothing for me.

Its not that I was expecting a lot, but just an acknowledgement. Needless to say I was hurt myself. I realized in my moment of hurt and it being obvious that I was chocked ... that there was no thought put into this on his part, no consideration, and he didn't give a S**t. This is what hurt me the most........ So no.. its not weird. I like surprising my family, it keeps things fun.
    My poor daughter said to me in my moment of hurt... " mom your just too generous " :)
    lilypadz

Answer by lilypadz at 4:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• That is ONE holiday that my DH and I don't care to celebrate...thats just extra wasted money we could use for our house or our DD. Shes the important one now and she;s all that matters...besides that, he runs a restaurant and that's their busiest day of the year....
    lovemygirl823

Answer by lovemygirl823 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yup I Do....

My DF Wrote Me A Song Which Was Totally Awesome...But I Told Him For A Week What I Wanted, So At 9pm He FINALLY Went Looking For It...Needless To Say It Was Gone, But It Was The Thought That Counts, And He Went Out Today And Got Me Something By The Same Company...Hey He Tried
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I can't stand Valentine's day, I choose to pretend it does't exist. Although for my daughter I buy her a little gift and some candy.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2009