7 month old with staph infection!

my husband had it on his face- he got on antibiotics. now my daughter has it on her bottom, how do i keep it from spreading? it was 1 bump, i got her up this morning and fond the 2nd one. please help me out. and yes she on oral antibiotics.

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 1:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there is much you can do to keep it from spreading on her bottom. Just keep a close eye on it and watch for increased redness, warmth or tenderness which can mean the infection is getting worse. Sometimes children need to get IV antibiotics to clear it up. Make sure she finishes all her antibiotic.
    Wash your hands before and after a diaper change. Before to keep from spreading infection to her... and after to keep from spreading the staph!
    Infections like this are actually VERY common! It's shocking because people don't talk about it very often.
    Anonymous

• Wash your hands and have hubby wash his hands after going to the bathroom and changing diapers and then you won't need to worry. Gross.
    Anonymous

• it may need to be drained at the dr's office. my son had one bump on his leg, we got it drained at the ER and he was put on two antibiotics.. Keflex and Bactrim it is looking good. although they lost the culture and it never got sent to the lab so we dont' even know if it was ever MRSA...stupid hospital....he was about 8 month old when he got it
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2009