Do you have a cleaning schedule?

For example: I clean the entire house every Friday so it's clean for Hubbie's weekend off..then Monday I do minor cleaning to get rid of the weekend tornado and pick up and wipe up some throughout the week.

irishstarz

Asked by irishstarz at 2:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• In Our house, my Husband works His ass off all day at work and my Son isn't old enough to have chores. He helps to some extent, as does Hubbie, but it's up to me to make sure We live in a clean home..and I love it. Cleaning is once again something I enjoy doing!
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 1:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Nah, but when we move into our new apartment I'm going to do my best to set up a schedule. I'm just lazy haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Your plan sounds very good. I have to have a plan so that I get it done. I clean Saturday morning- the kitchen floors, the bathrooms, laundry, water the flowers, dust, wash the basement steps. During the week I do laundry a couple times, clean the bathrooms whenever I do laundry, wipe up the kitchen floor by hand if something spills or dirt gets tracked in... That's it. My husband vacuums.

Answer by Bmat at 2:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I *try* to clean on my days off. Key word "try." :) I wish I was disclipined enough to be on the cleaning schedule you have.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes, on Mondays I clean the formal living room if need, the kitchen on Weds. etc. We have a big house and it helps it not to get out of hand!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My cleaning day is Monday. I don't know why I bother because my pig of a MIL just trashes the kitchen on Tuesday anyway.
    Anonymous

• I'm CONSTANTLY cleaning up after my boys--especially when they're not in school! LOL I usually do "deep" cleanings of bathrooms, the kitchen and family room and laundry weekly...dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming as needed.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• No we do not. Everything picks up after her or himself. I cannot do a lot of heavy cleaning, due to back injury. We all pitch in and we never expect to clean after anyone else's mess.
    Anonymous

• We have a maid that comes in once a week. All other days, we all do it. We need a maid because between the two of us, we work 180 a week! Days off do not exsist!
    Anonymous

• We not have a schedule. We all clean. No set jobs for anyone. We are equal in our house.
    Anonymous