How long did you bleed AFTER you had a baby?

I thought bleeding should only last 3 to 4 days after your baby is born. My baby was born 11 days ago and I'm still bleeding. Yesterday there was next to nothing (for the first day) but this morning when I woke up my underwear had a puddle of blood. What to do? What to think? :o(

Sorry if this should be under "Pregnancy". I didn't know since I'm no longer pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Health

• with my first baby, i bled for the full six weeks. . . it wasn't bright red the whole time (and shouldn't be). . . but i had period-like bleeding thru six weeks. with my second one. . . i bled for, like, a week or two. . . much less. basically, if i stopped bleeding and then started again. . . i took that as a sign i needed to not do so much. i mean, the reason you're bleeding is because there's a wound (from where the placenta was attached) in your uterus that's trying to heal. . . so just use it as an excuse to take it easy. :)
    rachelo

Answer by rachelo at 2:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I did for like 2 weeks. It's normal.
    Anonymous

• 6 weeks after all 3
    Anonymous

• Ehhh about four weeks or so.
    It was such a relief when it stopped.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well they say to expect up to 6 weeks but i usually only go for 2 weeks and then spot off and on
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I bleed forever!!! LOL I swear it's like the full ten months of periods at once.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I bled for like 5 weeks.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Up to 6 weeks is the norm. Which is why you have a 6 week check-up, you should be done bleeding by this time! Personally, I bled after all 3 of my children no longer than 2 weeks. Which is why I got pregnant 3 weeks after having my 2nd! (I wouldn't recommend that by the way ;) )
    Anonymous

• Roughly 6-8 weeks
    RileysMommy1004

Answer by RileysMommy1004 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i bled for a month, the doctor told me that it was normal
    js3mommy

Answer by js3mommy at 5:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009