How much sleep does a 3 year old girl need?

No naps.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids weren't great nap takers at that age either, but they had to lie down with a book, or music, or sometimes a video that just played music to pictures (very soft music, no words) for about an hour to chill out for a bit. They could pic what they wanted for quiet time but it was non negotiable that they stayed in bed for it.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• My 3 yr old son sleeps about 11-12 hours a night with no nap. He's usually out about 7:30- 8 and up again at 6:30- 7.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• 12 hours is GREAT!
    If she's getting overly cranky during the day, make a quiet time for both of you. Tell her "mommies and daddies want to take naps but are sometimes just too too busy taking care of their kids because they love them so much. Let's both have some quiet time together! I'll lay in my room and you lay in yours. No naps, just quiet time to read a book or listen to music or just use you imagination to think. 1 hour every day."
    Who knows! She might just start to fall to sleep from time to time. If nothing else you both get a rest in which is beneficial too!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I am sure I have posted this before but, we were very concerned about LO, she would not nap and sta up until 10-10:30 and up at 7 or 8.
    Talked to ped, he said waht are you going to do? Sit on her and pray she falls asleep?
    Let her do what is natural for her, forcing her to lay in bed for 2-3 hours because you feel she should be asleep is not the right thing to do ( we had not done that YET).
    So she is 4 now, goes to bed no earlier than 9:30 and chatters aways for atleast another half hour. So still alseep by 10 and up for Pre K by 7:20 am
    every once in a while she will sit down long enough to fall asleep on her own.

So 12 hours is awesome
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• 11-12. Mine stopped napping around 3, but we still had/have a quiet time where they can read/look at books or play quietly with toys but they have to stay on their bed. That rest time really helps!

Answer by missanc at 1:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• oh wow. Yes she would freak out if i tried to give her a nap. She is a complete adult in her mind. Plays non-stop all day. I do think she is overly tired, even with 12 hours at night.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I was going to say 12, but she won't take a nap? Napping is a good thing, but some kids just won't do it,
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• EXCELLENTT!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• She gets about 12 hours a night
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Oh boy, My Son napped until he turned 5 for 2 hours a day. He'd sleep from 9 to 7am. Why , is she wired out? I'd say 8-10 hours with no nap.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2013