If you give birth in a car....

is it covered by your auto or your health???

I know when I crushed my finger in my car door, my health insurance wouldn't cover it and it had to be covered by my auto.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Is what covered? There's no delivery fee if the doctor doesn't deliver the baby.

I don't know if the auto insurance would clean the mess.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Well, you'd be receiving medical care at the hospital, so it would be covered under health insurance. Same as if you went for any sort of injury or illness.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Only if you are going 55 or faster! LOL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I now have the answer, thank you google, LOL
    You had a pre-existing condition that you had most likely sought treatment for before, the cause was not the auto, but the condition you were already in at the time, so health!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• LOL, I would assume health? Why would your insurance make your Auto pay for it? I hope that isn't the case, I have a very high deductible on my auto, LOL!
    Does this mean if you mash your finger in the door of your home, your home owner's has to take care of it? If that is the case I am screwed!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• What do you have to cover? If you delivered in a car, the delivery is free. You just have to clean up the mess.

Answer by louise2 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• well i'm pretty certain its not covered by your auto insurance :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Neither because it ain't going to happen. LOL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Well, if you're injured in a car accident it's covered by auto even thought you receive treatment at a hospital. But I don't think having a baby is the same thing as being in a car accident. Lol. The birth had nothing to do with the car. Home births aren't covered by homeowners insurance.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• All that would be done that would be charged would be by health professionals, so it would be covered under your health insurance.

If you delivered a baby at home, home owners insurance isn't going to pay for anything. Or if you delivery a baby in Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart sure as heck isn't going to pay for anything.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2013