Mirena help

so I have been on mirena for a total of nine months and the pain when it first was inserted was horrible then that went away in a month, then about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks ago I started having a really, really heavy menstrual flow, then a few days ago it stopped completely and then the next day I was on another heavy, heavy flow, is this totally normal! I haven’t had a chance to go see my gyno yet but I was wondering if there were any moms out there that had this same problem.

mommyliby

Asked by mommyliby at 2:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Health

• All I can say about My MIrena experience was that I gained a whole lot of weight and never got a period. My gyno and the everybody else lied to me except the woman online that told me the truth. My only advice would be to get it removed the sooner the better. I hope I helped.
    TreasureThis882

Answer by TreasureThis882 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am on my second Mirena. Never had any issues, weight gain or pain. But- when I got my first one out- I had very heavy bleeding. Like- as if I had just given birth bleeding. Do you think your mirena came out? (unusual, but possible.....) I'd definitely see your doctor about it!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well, I have had the mirena for about 5 months and I have not had a period at all. I haven't gained weight I don't think, but I do constantly feel drained and fatigued, but I am also STILL battling anemia from my c-section.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• The Mirena has worked out ok for me. When the midwife put it in she said "it would feel like a menstrual cramp". For me, it hurt a lot more than that. In fact, I said I would never get another one, but now I'm doing ok. I have a period everything month, sometimes it varies. Sometimes heavier, but usually lighter. If you are having A LOT of pain I would definatly recommend calling your OB asap!
    Anonymous