Front loader washing machine question? Does your ring have a split in it?

I went downstairs and noticed that the door was leaking a bit, then noticed a perfect slice (for lack of a better word) right in the middle of the ring inside. I may have over looked this before, and once I re-started it, no leaks, but maybe the rubber ring needs replaced?

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• If it's only 6 months old, I would definitely call the company. It should still be under warranty, and you can probably get them to cover the cost of the parts and the repair. Something 6 months old shouldn't be splitting or leaking. What brand is it?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• How old is the machine? No, mine doesn't have a split in it. I would think that if there was leaking into the machine for any length of time, it could cause a lot of problems. Maybe contact the company and see if you can get a replacement seal.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I will check soon for you on mine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• only 6 months and the split is like a perfect cut, not a tear or anything, it now seems to be working fine, but am going to call them anyway!
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• whirlpool, and btw, is your mouth better? You are the best! I maybe wondered if somehow I had a sock or something stuck in there, and it sealed enough to start, but not enough to keep it from running down the front, it wasn't huge, just a drip kind of thing!
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2013