Ready to ditch FB adult content

I just breezed though my feed and saw the following pictures:

Two teens holding a puppy in the air by a string around it's neck. - The poster was part of a group trying to identify the young men to prosecute them.

A hand holding chunks of cheese laced with small nails found in dog parks in the surrounding states. - Trying to alert people to the danger.

A child struggling with a debilitating disease.- One of those like if you think I am beautiful posts.

Does anyone else get fed up with upsetting unsolicited pictures even if they are for a good cause?

I've edited my feed to free myself from my friends' posts that do it often, but everyone even sensible sane types seem to be doing it now!

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 3:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I report them as spam and/or offensive if they really cross a line, though I've weeded out most of the regular offenders. Some people don't have filters, and depending how well you know them, a little nudge can do wonders.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• i was fed up with FB a long time ago. I haven't had a FB in years
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• ugh, starting to hate faceboob
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Lots of stuff on there that shouldn't be. I'm friends with my daughter but we talk on the phone all the time so not so much on Facebook. (I think she forgot she friended me!) Anyhow I didn't realize how crude she could be and have not blocked most of her mosts.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• The ones I post are "treats making your dog sick" candy making your kids sick etc..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• How awful! I wouldn't want to look at pictures like that. I only have Facebook to check on what my stepson is posting and make sure he doesn't put too much information about himself up. Otherwise, I think FB is intrusive and a pain in the butt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I do not log into FB enough and when I do I cannot keep up with everything to pay attention to everything.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Never liked FB. It's ironically not very private as much as it claims to be. Those class action lawsuits say it all. Myspace was at least fun with music and customizing your own page. A lot of my friends have returned to Myspace.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I don't mind posts about causes or alerts, I just can't unsee these awful images people are using to try to get their message out. I guess I'm just too delicate a flower for FB.
    tessiedawg

Comment by tessiedawg (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013