Traveling to Washington DC in March (any trip tips from locals etc?)

I know there are so many historical places to visit and I have used the internet to find lists of must see places.

Here I'm just asking for any tips from people who have been there and know about some things you might not find online. From locals who know all the juicy goods.

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 5:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Travel

• I haven't been there for many years, and it's one of the few places I would absolutely love to return to. I don't have any suggestions since it's been so long, but here's a bump for your question. Have a great trip!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Oh we as a family LOVE DC!! So much to see and do - All the Smithsonians, the Native American Museum, Washington Monument, the Spy Museum ( a must!) and even more the Holocost Museum (bring your keenex, it's a real tear jerker but so worth going to see!). You have to go to DC cupcakes to at least say you went there. One very special place my kids love to go to is the Albert Einstein Memorial on Constitution Ave. in front of the State Department. Union Station is fun - filled with stores, resturants. You will have a wonderful time no matter what you do in DC.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 6:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• You can save money by staying in a hotel on the metro line a little outside the city. Metro is cheap and easy to use. Wear comfy shoes. Enjoy!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Great places to eat are in Dupont Circle plus the buildings(homes,hotel) are gorgeous in the area.Have fun!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• When we go downtown we always go to the museums.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I would probably go on museum overload - I think there are numerous ones to choose from.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2013