Why does opening the windows make it easier for me to clean house?

What is it about having the windows open that makes it easier or more motivating to clean?? It's like I open the windows and all of the sudden I get this urge to clean the entire house... I came home and normally I pick up a little, load the dishwasher and make dinner. Today I opened the windows ( nice day) and I have scrubbed the kitchen, mopped the floor, picked up the living room, organized the TV stand and washed all the tables in the house... and I feel like I should do more...

Is this just a me thing?  anyone else do this?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I've never thought about it, but you have a good point. I do my best work when the house is opened up. Must be all that fresh air.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Me too! I think it's the fresh air rushing through. I picture that open, clean, breezy living room so I need the rest of the house to match the open breeziness lol. Yeah, that may only make sense in my head lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• So glad it's not just me!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Someone come open my windows because I'm lacking motivation to clean! ;)

(well come open my windows when the smog in our city is gone)
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 6:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Well, if I did that today, it would be survival instinct to keep moving so I don't die of hypothermia. In better weather, for me, I think it's because that's part of how I remember my mom cleaning house. Door and windows open, stereo on, house smelling of windex and pledge.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• ^^^do all moms clean that? I know mine did. I think fresh air is invigorating.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 6:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• You are FREE! You are airing out the house, it makes the house feel even cleaner. I would be so playing the sound of music while I was doing that!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 6:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I agree with all of the above. I can not wait until I can open my windows. But it is much too cold plus it is snowing out. The cold weather does motivate me to wash my dishes though.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• haha i did the exact same thing yesterday! it was so nice that i opened all the doors & windows and BAM! before i knew it i had cleaned both bathrooms, the tub, the stove, the floors (sweep & mop) and did a load of laundry (blankets & sheets). its crazy!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• It's the fresh air - works good for me too this time of year if we have some warm days! Just wish I physically felt up to cleaning right now :o(
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 6:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2013