Do you think it is irresponsible for a parent to brag about smoking marijuana on facebook?

this isn't really a "is pot good or bad" post (for the record i don't agree with smoking it, especially when you're a parent.. yeah i did it in high school but then i became a mature, responsible adult and stopped) but more about those parents who still do smoke it and continually post about it on their facebook. it's not hard to decipher "i got one in the air" or "im smokin a fat one"... hello! the few i know that do this aren't in relationships with their children's other parent, so if a court thing were to ever arise they could totally use these posts against them. it just all around is a really stupid ass idea in my opinion... and these people are suppose to be late 20-early 30 year old adults for crying out loud!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Parent or not, I think it is asinine to post about doing something illegal.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Only a dumbass would post that on the Internet.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I would think that in most cases, it is a bad idea. At best, it makes you look like the sort of idiot who writes about his or her drug use on the Internet. Yeah, preserving that forever so your future employers can read it sounds like a great idea.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Only dumbasses post like that on fb. I dgaf if you smoke. That's your private business
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I don't care what privacy settings you have, posting about this or any other illegal activity on facebook is stupid and irresponsible. People don't realize that stuff is admissible in court. The right to remain silent also pertains to facebook.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I wouldn't post if I had been tipsy to brag about it, somethings are better left unsaid.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• and i am not in a state where usage or possession of any kind is legal.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Yes, very irresponsible, especially if the posts are marked public.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Its not good to put something somewhere than later have it found and used against you later.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I have someone who does that. And honestly I'm a I don't care what you do as long as your children are taken care of and not abused, because its not my business. I would think admitting on fb that you're doing something that is illegal is not a good idea.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2013