School night sleep overs

My 13 yo DD is dying to have them. Apparently, her friends do. DH and I say "No way!"

They have sleepovers every Friday and Saturday. That's plenty. DD has terrific grades and we want to keep it that way. Sleep is important. They don't sleep when their pals are over and I have enough to get my own kid out the door for school, let alone someone else's!

Does anyone let their child have school night sleep overs? I am also curious as to why if you do.

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 7:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• The baseline answer in NO. There were exceptions, when one child for one reason or another spent the school night with us. It could be the parent went out of town or something special at school and they wanted to be sure they looked the same or right for whatever the were doing in school that day. It might have been a total of 6 times from grade school through high school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Absolutely not. The only "sleep over" my son would go to on a school night is if he was at my mom's house and that has only happened when I had to travel for work for a training.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No. We rarely did the sleep over thing. I didn't want to watch other peoples children... LOL! Seriously.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Once. The child's mother had an emergency out of town so we let the child stay with us overnight. It wasn't awful, but the guest knew that our routine would be upheld.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I would allow it again if say they were working on a project for school and ended up working pretty late.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• My son has not gone to or had sleep overs yet but when he does it will just be on weekends.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No I didn't on school nights. Weekends only.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Never allowed on weeknights....ever!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Never on a weeknight. I would go nuts trying to get them to sleep.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Nope. Only on weekends.

Answer by missanc at 7:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2013