Sensory issues in 3 month old

I know a far amount of people are going to tell me to relax or scold me about how I've been handling certain things but she does have some obvious issues. We live with family and they've been noticing it too.
She doesn't look at people's faces, she vary rarely smiles, she doesn't like to be touched frequently, doesn't like to be held. Quite often just to get her to eat we have to wrap her a certain way in her carseat and prop the bottle and just watch her or rock her because holding her makes her too upset.
She forgets how to latch on to the bottle sometimes or pacifiers,won't drink formula pulling a face at it. Hell this girl won't let us put socks or hats on her a fair amount of the time.

Ok my son is an aspie,my husband's an aspie,my father's an aspie,my brother and brother in law are both high functioning. Autism is nothing new for us and if this means she is so be it, this does sound a bit like my son when he was OLDER but not at this age.

Anybody seen these type of behaviors before? What did they mean?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 9:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• my autistic son would FREAK out something fierce at lights at 3 months old
    He was TOO good of a baby. he hardly ever cried
    There's a chance this one is on the spectrum as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Carl, my Aspie, was strange as a baby but he was our first so we had no idea. He was such a 'good baby' you could set him down and he would just lay there until you came to get him. He cried very little but would have an INSANE fit in restaurants, stores or churches...
    However my DD was terrified of balloons, sreamed all the time, HATED hats, had to be swaddled TIGHT until she was almost 18 months old and HATED the sunlight and wind... is perfectly Nero typical...
    I guess what I am saying is, IME, at 3 months old I am not sure how I would interpret those things... it could be something or nothing at all... I guess I am not help at all!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Lizzie, not to scare you but this sounds more serious than Aspergers. Your profile puts you in Utah; have you contacted Utah Baby Watch?

http://www.utahbabywatch.org/

They offer services from birth up... I'd call first thing in the AM.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Is there any way for the Dr. to test at this young an ag?
    Even if he can't he may be able to give some suggestions.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I would definitely talk to your dr, and if he doesn't listen call early intervention in your area. My oldest has autism. I had my 2nd, 3rd and 4th kids screened and in therapy by 18 months for delays (my 2nd was diagnosed with autism but no longer fits anywhere on the spectrum, my 3rd was developmentally delayed but caught up by age 3 - they are both straight A students with lots of friends).
    They can screen early and the earlier you start therapy, the better it is.

Answer by missanc at 6:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• as others have said id spk with your dr and good luck!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I have seen it and could mean that something went wrong during birht. Take her to a specialist and tell her your fammily histoary and have them run test on her. Better to be safethen sorry..
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2013