Do you have Cyberchondria?

The news is reporting on this new illness... LOL! It's where you try to diagnose your own illnesses via the internet.

I have this....

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've been doing it all day. I think I can rule out pancreatitis, intestinal blockage, colon cancer, liver cancer, intestinal strangulation, ovarian cancer, appendicitis with what ails me. I now think I have a touch of a food borne illness because I had to eat nasty ass chick fil a. Nobody else in my family is sick. I just want to be squeezed and have this bloat hiss out of me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I used too but not anymore it got really scary lol
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Noooo did it twice and got the same "advice" both times - "go directly to the ER you're dying" or something to that effect. Pshaw.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

•  

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• i wonder if its related to psych-chondria...ya know when ya take a psych class and think every mental illness "totally sounds like me!"

i am pretty bad about checking web MD for any and every little thing. i do draw the line at myself...i WILL NOT check it for anything my kids have, i cant go there!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Interesting. I have know a few who scan through medical sites and decid they have such and such, usually totally debilitating lol. They have a cold or a sprain.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• There are so many gems out there.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• That is almost always bad. There was only one time ever that researching online made me feel better about things. I had one boob that was super sore and I felt a knot. I immediately decided I was dying of breast cancer and went online to confirm. I was surprised to find out that I was not dying, that breast cancer doesn't generally hurt or feel smooth. And then I went shopping.
    Every other time, I felt a little shitty and the internet decided I was dying.
    JulieJacobKyle