Do you have Cyberchondria?

The news is reporting on this new illness... LOL! It's where you try to diagnose your own illnesses via the internet.

I have this....

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've been doing it all day. I think I can rule out pancreatitis, intestinal blockage, colon cancer, liver cancer, intestinal strangulation, ovarian cancer, appendicitis with what ails me. I now think I have a touch of a food borne illness because I had to eat nasty ass chick fil a. Nobody else in my family is sick. I just want to be squeezed and have this bloat hiss out of me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No, but my co-worker does. Literally at least twice a week, he comes in to my office to tell me that he has such and such because he has all of the symptoms according to the Internet.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• If I have symptoms I sometimes look on the Internet to see what the problem might be and how to fix it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No, but it's a dangerous condition. My bp dropped really low one night from the meds I was on, DH freaked out and started googling, decided I had low blood sugar, and made me eat cake. Didn't help, then I was tired, dizzy, not making much sense and nauseated from eating all that frosting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I've looked up symptoms on the Internet, such as when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and asked my doctor about the possibilities. There's a fine line between doing research to help you deal with your doctor and self-diagnosing, I guess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Iz.... she has a way with words... LOL!
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• and there you have it folks, we just need o be squeezed to have a bloat hissed out
    okay not really but that was a new one IZ, can I use it?

and I know many with that disorder m-avi
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• That is almost always bad. There was only one time ever that researching online made me feel better about things. I had one boob that was super sore and I felt a knot. I immediately decided I was dying of breast cancer and went online to confirm. I was surprised to find out that I was not dying, that breast cancer doesn't generally hurt or feel smooth. And then I went shopping.
    Every other time, I felt a little shitty and the internet decided I was dying.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2013