Do you have Cyberchondria?

The news is reporting on this new illness... LOL! It's where you try to diagnose your own illnesses via the internet.

I have this....

Asked by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've been doing it all day. I think I can rule out pancreatitis, intestinal blockage, colon cancer, liver cancer, intestinal strangulation, ovarian cancer, appendicitis with what ails me. I now think I have a touch of a food borne illness because I had to eat nasty ass chick fil a. Nobody else in my family is sick. I just want to be squeezed and have this bloat hiss out of me.

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No, but my co-worker does. Literally at least twice a week, he comes in to my office to tell me that he has such and such because he has all of the symptoms according to the Internet.

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• If I have symptoms I sometimes look on the Internet to see what the problem might be and how to fix it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No, but it's a dangerous condition. My bp dropped really low one night from the meds I was on, DH freaked out and started googling, decided I had low blood sugar, and made me eat cake. Didn't help, then I was tired, dizzy, not making much sense and nauseated from eating all that frosting.

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I've looked up symptoms on the Internet, such as when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and asked my doctor about the possibilities. There's a fine line between doing research to help you deal with your doctor and self-diagnosing, I guess.

Answer by Ballad at 10:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Iz.... she has a way with words... LOL!

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• and there you have it folks, we just need o be squeezed to have a bloat hissed out
    okay not really but that was a new one IZ, can I use it?

and I know many with that disorder m-avi

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• That is almost always bad. There was only one time ever that researching online made me feel better about things. I had one boob that was super sore and I felt a knot. I immediately decided I was dying of breast cancer and went online to confirm. I was surprised to find out that I was not dying, that breast cancer doesn't generally hurt or feel smooth. And then I went shopping.
    Every other time, I felt a little shitty and the internet decided I was dying.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2013