Do you have Cyberchondria?

The news is reporting on this new illness... LOL! It's where you try to diagnose your own illnesses via the internet.

I have this....

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've been doing it all day. I think I can rule out pancreatitis, intestinal blockage, colon cancer, liver cancer, intestinal strangulation, ovarian cancer, appendicitis with what ails me. I now think I have a touch of a food borne illness because I had to eat nasty ass chick fil a. Nobody else in my family is sick. I just want to be squeezed and have this bloat hiss out of me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• There are so many gems out there.

JulieJacobKyle

• i wonder if its related to psych-chondria...ya know when ya take a psych class and think every mental illness "totally sounds like me!"

i am pretty bad about checking web MD for any and every little thing. i do draw the line at myself...i WILL NOT check it for anything my kids have, i cant go there!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• If I have symptoms I sometimes look on the Internet to see what the problem might be and how to fix it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No, but it's a dangerous condition. My bp dropped really low one night from the meds I was on, DH freaked out and started googling, decided I had low blood sugar, and made me eat cake. Didn't help, then I was tired, dizzy, not making much sense and nauseated from eating all that frosting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• and there you have it folks, we just need o be squeezed to have a bloat hissed out
    okay not really but that was a new one IZ, can I use it?

and I know many with that disorder m-avi
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

•  

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• No, but my co-worker does. Literally at least twice a week, he comes in to my office to tell me that he has such and such because he has all of the symptoms according to the Internet.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013