Do you have Cyberchondria?

The news is reporting on this new illness... LOL! It's where you try to diagnose your own illnesses via the internet.

I have this....

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• That is almost always bad. There was only one time ever that researching online made me feel better about things. I had one boob that was super sore and I felt a knot. I immediately decided I was dying of breast cancer and went online to confirm. I was surprised to find out that I was not dying, that breast cancer doesn't generally hurt or feel smooth. And then I went shopping.
    Every other time, I felt a little shitty and the internet decided I was dying.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Interesting. I have know a few who scan through medical sites and decid they have such and such, usually totally debilitating lol. They have a cold or a sprain.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I've looked up symptoms on the Internet, such as when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and asked my doctor about the possibilities. There's a fine line between doing research to help you deal with your doctor and self-diagnosing, I guess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Noooo did it twice and got the same "advice" both times - "go directly to the ER you're dying" or something to that effect. Pshaw.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I used too but not anymore it got really scary lol
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Iz.... she has a way with words... LOL!
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2013