COLOSTRUM QUESTION

OKAY I AM 27 WEEKS PREGNANT AND WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND MY SHIRT WAS WET WERE MY NIPPLES WERE AND ASSUMING THAT IT WAS COLOSTRUM DO YOU ONLY LEAK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE OR IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE CONTINUES. I HAVE HAD SOME LEAKING FROM BOTH NIPPLES THE LEFT ONE ALITTLE MORE/

HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS??

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my son I leaked a lot. Pretty much whenever any pressure was put on my breast. With my daughter, not so much. It could be something you'll have to deal with or it could be a once in a while thing.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Depends on how you sit, lay, or even how tight your bra is sometimes. Yep now that you are leaking it will happen more. I wouldn't say you will leak everyday, but from now on out I would wear nursing pads in your bra unless you want your shirt to be stained. If you are wearing a light color sometimes it stains it a faint yellow.... I know I started to leak about 28 weeks and it's not continuous, but it's enough to get frustrated over.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• When I was prego with my son I leaked a lot...from 13 weeks! I needed to wear nursing pads through most of my pregnancy. With my daughter, I barely leaked at all. Everyone's different, but if you see that you're leaking a lot I suggest you get some nursing pads before you stain all your bras!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I have always leaked a lot. Nursing pads are very comfy. What you are describing is totally norma though....good luck.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Everyone's a little different. I didn't leak much, but I could easily express milk. There is wide range of "normal" on this one, so don't worry! You might want to invest in some nursing pads (they go in your bra to collect the milk to it doesn't show through your shirt).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2009