Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is any one a physical therapist or better a masseuse.


Asked by Dardenella at 11:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Health

Level 47 (265,097 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • This might sound like a simple solution but can you go to a PT appointment with him and have the PT show you how?? Then you will be able to help treat his specific issues. The PT can even suggest the best lotion/cream to use as well. We all (allied healthcare pro's) have to to a ton of continuing ed, so the PT might even know of a workshop you could go to in your area.

    Another option is to goggle "foot massage classes" and your state/city. I did that and got tons of hits. Seriously, talk to his PT... you may be able to observe what they do and learn what you need. Feel free to PM me if I can help in anyway!! ;o)

    Answer by Crafty26 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

  • I agree, I'd talk to his PT and have them show you. They're always game for that! =)

    Answer by musicpisces at 11:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

  • Why?? I'm an Athletic Trainer (ATC/L).... I can do most things a PT can do, and I also use massage in my practice in the same way a PT does. Do you mean massage therapist vs masseuse/masseur - because there is a huge difference.

    Answer by Crafty26 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

  • That is good enough. Thanks. DH has diabetes and neuropathy. I rub his feet. He was in an accident about a year and a half ago and is in Physical therapy. The therapist has pointed out that he needs his feet massaged and often.
    I do not want to go through a whole curriculllllllllum for a PT but I would like to take a class so that I know I am rubbing his feet properly and for the most benefit.
    How and where would I go to be able to take just the one class?
    Thanks again

    Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

  • She wasn't thrilled with the idea.
    His foot Dr. says that he is a lot better since I started maybe 2 years ago.
    I will google and will call his foot Dr. Thanks

    Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

  • His PT is ballance therapy because the bleeding in his brain eveidently caused balance issues. She does not do any massage at all.

    Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

  • That's too bad... most PT's are all about education & giving you the tools to stay healthy. Sorry ;o(

    You can also watch some youtube... Like this series... 

    Just make sure you are getting info from a licenced massage therapist and not a masseuse/masseur 


    Answer by Crafty26 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2013