Would you actually allow your child to act like that in a store?

i'm talking about that fruit snack commercial where the boy asks his mother for a snake. the whole time in the store he's saying please, please, please. i don't know about you, but my girls know better than to keep asking like that. all they will be getting is a huge time out with no candy what so ever!

anyone agree or does your child do this?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I was very strict with my girls when we went shopping. They would stick by me like glue. However, the grandchildren are obviously NOT being raised the same. I took them shopping Saturday and the 5 year old about wore me out!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• fuck no, that just shows if a child whines enough they get what they want
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I'll usually get my daughter one thing in the store, and that's it. If she aks for a second thing, she knows she'll have to make a choice between the two. If she really wants the goldfish crackers, does she want them badly enough to put back the fruit snacks? I feel like that's teaching her to prioritize her wants and make good decisions. She tried whining and begging the first few times, but now she'll be a step ahead of me, choosing the second item and putting the first one back before I say a word, or returning the second one to the shelf without even asking for it. Sometimes the process takes a few minutes, but I believe the life lesson will be well worth the time spent.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• eh, kids are gonna be constant can I , can I, can I , huh?
    there are worse things.

I have not seen the commercial but really, there ore other battles I would rather fight than the can I's
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I am with you. My kids and grandkids know that if they ask me more than twice it is an automatic penalty and I will put back every single goodie gotten with them in mind. And they will be in deep trouble I have canceled going to the movies and the park etc. Because of that sort of behaviour. Granted age also plays a factor in the punishment/ restriction aspect.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I would just leave. I'm not going to put up with that behavior. I can shop at a different time and not take them. I have been through it and I am not going to go through the theatrics again. Even now that they are older, I still get tense when I have to take them with me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No way. I don't cave! That commercial bothers me so bad.. so does the Ikea commercial where the mom says ''you're on time out" walks away, and the kid is thrashing the kitchen up. WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE?
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Why has no one questioned why this boy is asking for a snake?!

Because it's normal? DS would have one if DH hadn't put his foot down.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Heck no, they know better than to act like that. They know if they act like that they won't get what they want and they'll probably have something else taken away for acting like that.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 9:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Hell no.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2013