Flushing Toilet

It is normal for LO's to forget to flush the toilet (especially after #2) or is it just my kid?

I'm always reminding her to flush and, between her remembering and my reminders, the toilet usually gets flushed, but there are times...like today when DH about blew a gasket...that it just doesn't get done.

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son ALWAYS forgets. I was starting to chalk it up to the fact that he's a male but I think its more the rush to get back to what he was doing. Potty breaks are one of his pet peeves lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Mine will be five in a few weeks, and she still forgets now and then. Not too often anymore, and I don't usually have to remind her. But I still listen for the flush, just in case, and say something if I don't hear it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I have 1 child who struggles with it. The problem with her is, she seems to only go #2 after supper, when someone's in the shower. Flushing while the shower is running turns the shower scalding hot, so this child just won't flush. And then doesn't remember later. And then I'm almost always the one to walk in later and have to deal with it. I finally told her tonight it will not happen again. My child is 9, btw, definitely old enough to know better especially since the 5yo always remembers!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• my 4 year old is pretty good about it, but i swear my 6 year old never does. i just hope she does at school! lol
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• He forgets a lot specially if he wants to go back to what he was doing. Example if he was playing wii when he went to the bathroom there is about 80% chance he will forget to flush it.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2013