What was your reaction when your baby first slept through the night?

I freaked, I woke and realized it was a certain time and knew i haven't gotten up to feed/change my baby yet. So I flew out of bed and ran to their room and checked to make sure they were alive. I did that with both of my kids, lol. My DD was like 7 months olf when that started and my DS was about 6 months.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• Panic, especially with my youngest DD. She started sleeping 6 hrs straight when she was only a month old. The first night I woke up & had to check to make sure she was still breathing.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Panic and shock! I shot out of bed to see if he was ok!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Incredulity, followed by worry. I had to tiptoe in and make sure she was breathing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• My mother was spending that week with us, so I just assumed she had taken care of DD that night when she woke up for a feeding, so no moment of shock or panic...just happiness.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Same here! When I woke up and he had slept 6 straight hours I panicked thinking he must have died in the night!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I think I was pleased, at least I don't remember any panic. I checked on her a lot because her bassinet was right next to me. She's always been a good sleeper once she finally goes down.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Okay, I thought I was the only crazy mommy. The first few times I also panicked and ran to his crib, convinced that there must be something wrong. And there he was, all warm and happily asleep.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I freaked out! I was like you,I flew over to his crib to see if he was ok

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I don't know I was asleep.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I was thrilled. DH was out of the country, so I really enjoyed the extra sleep.

We had a motion monitor to alert us if she stopped breathing, so that wasn't a worry.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2013