Does this seem weird to anyone else?

Just as a little background, I don't generally wear makeup. I find it difficult to put on and when I do use it, I'm not 100% sure what I am putting on even looks right. Anyway, here lately my dh has been asking me to put on makeup. Yeah, I have some around for special occasions, but that's all I ever use it for. So, to humor him, I put it on the other night like I would have been going out on a date. Since then, he has wanted me to wear it everyday. It just seems really weird that after 10 years of me not wearing make-up except on special occasions that he would suddenly start wanting me to wear it all the time.
My question is, does this seem weird to anyone else or am I just being paranoid?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Relationships

• Take it as a compliment

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Unless you have other reasons to think it's weird, like other changes in behavior to you, I'd do it because he likes it. It must look nice on you! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I think men are just weird. I have been with my DH for almost 12 years and only about 2 years ago did he tell me that he didn't really like it when I had really curly hair... My hair has a natural curl to it so it holds curls for days so it was kind of a go to style for a loooong time. And after 10 yrs he says he doesnt like it that much. Maybe it takes them 10yrs to feel safe enough to say anything? haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• My husband got upset when my stylist straightened my hair. He couldn't look at me,lol
    He said it was too weird,and asked that I not have her do it again

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I wouldnt worry about it, he may like you in make up as well and like to see it a little more often
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I would ask him why no since he stayed attracted to you without it for 10 years.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I don't think so. Makeup makes you look brighter, more alive, more awake! He might think that it makes you look so much more happy or lively! I've seen many women who look like they are just tired all the time. A little makeup, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick and VIOLA! I've never not worn it, so I can really notice it. All women look better when they don't look tired.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Don't think its weird, makeup does give a Nice polished look, i went to school for this, since you sound like a rookie, I recommend going on YouTube & looking up "makeupgeek" for tutorials. Also if the makeup you have is old, throw it away! All makeup has an expiration date, you don't want that on your skin/eyes, you could get a rash or infection, I've seen it, & it ain't pretty!
    nmgirl87

Answer by nmgirl87 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Have him buy you new makeup for sure. 6 months after opening is long enough to toss it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• After all this time, yes I would think it's weird. I only wear makeup for special events and neither one of my adult daughters wear it. Personally I think it hides natural beauty plus clogs up your skin. I would ask him what's up with the make up thing? If it doesn't bother you to do it, then wear it but I think it's a waste of money buying all that stuff. If you turn out to like it you can go to a makeup counter at a nice store and they will show you how to do it right and help pick the right shades.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2013