Anyone ever cook noodles in the crockpot? How do they come out? any tips?

Some of you know that I started working full time for the first time in a gazillion years, and my crockpot has become my best friend. I'm making a meatball soup in the crockpot. I've never cooked noodles in the crockpot before. Has anyone else? If I put them in the soup before I go, they will be in the crockpot for about 9 hours.

What do you think ladies?

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 11:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Don't put them in, they will be mush. Just whip em up when you get home and add them.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I've made noodles in the crockpot, but I only put them in the last 30 min to an hour. Otherwise, I've found they disintegrate.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• DON'T put noodles in the crockpot. It's not worth it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I would NOT do it- just make them when you get home
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

•  I have never done it personally but here is a recipe for crock pot lasagna

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• You can cook everything all day and add the noodles when you get home. They cook very fast, even in the crock pot, so don't leave them in all day.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I have a friend that makes crockpot lasagna. She swears it's good and sent me a pic the other day. I didn't tell her, but it looked like shit. Her hubby is one of my bff's, he told me that the noodles disintegrate and it gives it a odd texture.

Make sure you tell your hubby to get the water boiling first. Mine was so clueless he use put the pasta in cold water to cook it. Lol!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• They'll be mush if you put them in at the start. I always turn mine to high and throw them in for 20-30 minutes just before we're ready to eat.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Lol!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I would cook them separately for a couple of minutes less than the package says, leave them to cool and just add them when serving.
    I make crock pot meatballs and cook the spaghetti separately, then when I'm ready to serve, I just mix it with the sauce and add the meatballs.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2013