What tips for potty training 25 month old boy do you have?

mamadiver

Asked by mamadiver at 3:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Only do it if he's showing an interest. Many boys are closer to 3 before they potty train. Starting too early can just lead to frustration for both of you, and actually delay training. If you are going to do it, it depends on your son how would be the best way. Some learn best from being taken to the potty every half hour or so. My son got right pissed off if I made him sit on the potty when he didn't need to go, though. I had him run around naked for the first few days, (from the waist down, anyways). That works for two reasons. 1, they don't like to pee on their feet or straight on the floor, usually. 2, it makes the whole thing easier by removing the step of pulling down the pants. They can go all by themselves, then, without your help.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 5:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2009