Lactating again after stopping

I breast fed my son until my milk dried up a few months ago. I now achie breasts, visible beads of breast milk and that unmistakable smell of breast milk that I got right after I had my babies... what is up with this? Anyone had this before? Had babies back-to-back and lactated early in pregnancy?

koyama

Asked by koyama at 1:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you sure you're not pregnant?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I never stopped lactating. dd bf til 17 months and at her third birthday i was still lactating minute amounts of colostrum.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• My youngest child is 7 and I never breastfed ann\y of my kids but I still have milk, my doctor told me some womens milk just never dries up.
    Anonymous

• My youngest quit nursing almost 2 years ago and I occasionally still feel achy and drip milk once in a while.
    Anonymous

• I have 2 children and I lactated for 3 years after I stopped breastfeeding my first born. This time I dried up completely for months (maybe 4-6 months) and then started again suddenly... yes, it is possible that I'm pregnant. I am one day late on my period and took a home test 3 days ago that was negative. I was ovulating from the 18th to the 23rd (according to the calendar) and I had relations with my husband on the 24th 25th and 26th.... My main question is... has anyone experienced lactation as a symptom of early pregnancy after they had recently dried up....
    koyama

Comment by koyama (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• My children are 25 months apart and I was still nursing my oldest when I got pregnant with my last so I can't help with that, but 2 years after weaning the youngest and I still occasionally leak near my period. I don't feel achy though. I would get another test and take it in a few days. Are you still leaking? When I leak it is usually just a drop here or there in the morning and then none again until next month.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Could you possibly be pregnant again? Or you may have a breast infection? I still from time to get time get clear clostrum leaking from my breasts and I have not been breastfeeding for4 months so it happens on occasion.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2013