What is up with these kids killing themselves at school?

In the past few months 2 students in Oklahoma have killed themselves at school in the bathrooms, it's just so sad.

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 2:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• We've had 3 kids under the age of 14 kill themselves in the last few months. Bullying is to blame but I believe its bullying plus more.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Sad.. A girl hung herself in the bathroom when I was in high school.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I wish I could home school but as a single parent its impossible
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• i would assume they are offing themselves at school for 2 reasons, they either think they will make a statement and be remembered or their home life isnt that great and they're afraid that no one would even notice they were gone. its so sad when anyone thinks their life is so horrible and unfixable that they see death as the only release.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• It's such a shame, with their whole lives ahead of them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I had not heard about these suicides. It is so awful. So sad. Their poor parents having to bury their child.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yes there is a lot of bullying in the world and it is just heartbreaking when I hear about stuff like this. I would love for my kids to go to school and get to see their friends on a daily basis but the way things are now my kids just get homeschooled and are honestly doing much better than they were in public school.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I hear you but some states have programs where the kids do have an actual teacher that they can call for help and that will call them weekly to check on thier progress. It is a little tougher for a single parent though so do whats best for you and your kids but I am happy with it.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• We just recently had a boy commit suicide at home. He was in 7th grade and did well at school. No one had any idea anything was wrong.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013