Very important miscarriage question!

I have a friend who miscarried on Monday. The baby is still inside her, and she was to have a procedure today but it was rescheduled. Now she has a high fever and pain in her back and radiating down her legs. She thinks it's the flu, but I am worried that this could be a result of the miscarriage and that some sort of infection has set in.
Thoughts and advice please?!?!

Also, send up some prayers, good vibes, or whatever else you've got for her during this heartbreaking time. :(

PartyGalAnne

Asked by PartyGalAnne at 2:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't sound like the flu to me. If an infection has set in, your friend needs immediate medical treatment. Even a relatively minor infection can easily damage the delicate tubes that connect the ovaries to the uterus, hindering future chances at conception. It's nothing to mess around with. Please strongly encourage your friend to see her doctor today, or take her to the emergency room, and caution her against letting herself be put off till later. Things like this can go from bad to worse very quickly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I think she should go to the ER. How awful!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• ER .......now!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• ER, like NOW!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• How far along was she??
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• tell her to go to the ER
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I think she needs to go to the ER. You didn't say how far along but still this is a terrible thing to go through. Hugs and prayers for you and your friend. I do not think it is the flu.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• So she is around 11 weeks pregnant? Then she may have already passed the baby & didn't realize it. They probably cannot do a D&C if she has a fever. Most likely she has the flu or another virus. It's too early to become toxic if the bleeding started Monday escpecially that early on. The body has it's own way of cleaning itself out naturally. I had a few miscarriages early on.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I think she should go to the hospital now
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Please take everyone's advise drive her there, Hugs to you both
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2013