Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I give it to him? Please Help! I am scared!

My ex wants visits by himself now that wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't have a drinking problem. He use to beat me with her in my arms. I never called the cops on him but when he left I never let him come back even though he wanted to. He has a girlfriend now and I think he is trying to put on some little show for her so she will think I am some mean b*tch and he is this great Dad. He never wanted to spend time with our daughter before and since he has been with this girl he has tried to take my little girl and then locked me out of his house. I got her back but now I am scared to let him take her cause I would be heart broken if I never got her back. I guessing I am asking if I should let him have the visits by himself? I have had to much stress over this already. I have also moved on.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • Please, keep the visits with a third party a family friend, a priest, a teacher, etc. If he beat you and has tried to take the baby Id be wary. Seek legal advice.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • No I wouldn't let him take her and you need to document everything that has happened and go to court immediately and demand supervised visitation.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • goodness-i think you already answered your own question. he beat you with her in her arms, and took her and locked you out of the house? hes a tempermental alcoholic? theres your answer.

    Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • You dont have any pictures or any proof of him hitting you? If not theres really nothing you can do! I would go and see a lawyer, and seek some legal advice. Ask him if theres a way you can keep him away from your child, because you are worried about her safty, and yours as well, and if you are going to let him see her I would def. have someone there with you, maybe even more than one person just to be on the safe side. This man is dangerous, and I wouldnt want him anywhere near my child even if he was her birth father. I wouldnt put your child in that kind of danger. I wouldnt even want to let him see her, but this might get him mad and he most likely would do something stupid. I would def. seek legal addvice and try to keep him away!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • If you weren't married and there is not custody order then you don't have to let your child be alone with him, especially since he has tried to take her before. But, eventually your going to have to talk to an attorney about this.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 3:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • NO NO NO NO NO NO infinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he did it before he will do it again!


    Answer by Tawanda74 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • Do not let him be alone with that baby! He knows that you'd do anything for her, and if he's already tried to take her...then he will do it again. Do not believe for one second that he cares for you and would do the right thing. And who cares what his gf thinks? She wasn't there and doesn't know what you've been through. If she thinks you're a bitch..let her. She will find out soon enough.

    Answer by brandyj at 5:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • No! Don't let him. Have a 3rd party there. Have him meet you at mcdonald's so he can see her in a public place. Don't give him the opportunity to hurt or take that little girl.

    Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • I had to say it again NO! Go see a lawyer and find out what needs to be done to get supervised visits. And like another poster said: Who cares what his new gf thinks? She probably isn't getting the truth and her opinion is irrelevant!

    Answer by Tawanda74 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • If you don't have full custody, i would NOT let him near her. My ex got custody of his son by just going to a daycare and picking him up. If you have any fear that he would try to take her again, then i would say no. You be the B**** if thats what you have to do!!

    Answer by me221 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.