Sky is blue, water is wet, Texas public school bible classes willfully violate 1st amendment

In Texas schools, failing grade for Bible courses

Unqualified teachers, illegal practices, biased, non-academic sources.  Why are these classes allowed again?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Thankfully my school district doesn't. But, yes, this is just another example of why I wish I could move out of TX.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Epic face palm! I wonder if the FFRF is aware of this
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• The review was just published, so I'm sure they are now.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Is anyone else concerned that most of the countries text books come from Texas?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Thankfully they don't teach that at my kids' schools. It would just add to my growing list of things I hate about the schools here.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• What is up with Texas?? Why are they so stupid?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Hey now I live in Texas. I happen to like it here, but our schools aren't doing this.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Well, it's Texas. Of course, the Bible Bangers in Tennessee do whatever they can to get their holy book in the schools, even pretending that the Bible is a good source of actual history, even though little of it has been supported by archeology. *sigh*

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• San Antonio is a different part of Texas altogether.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

•  I wonder if the FFRF is aware of this

The thing is, the FFRF has to have a complaint from a citizen before it gets involved - just like the ACLU.  They don't go scouring the country, as some here have charged (I'm thinking of some heated posts from a while back).  They don't send letters without contact from a citizen, and they don't take it any farther without a request.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2013