Scientists confirm that asteroid impact killed the dinosaurs 66 million years ago

Here's the abstract

In plain English - when the evidence of the asteroid was first tested 20 years ago, measurements weren't as accurate, and there appeared to be a very large gap between the impact and the start of the dying off.  They've retested with more modern equipment and gotten more accurate readings, concluding that climate change occurred and had an influence prior to the impact, but the asteroid was the event that occurred simultaneously.

Will this change how people attempt to present their cases on other issues like climate change and religion?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd like to think so but, I doubt it.
    Honestly until my question a few days ago, I thought true creationists were just a myth, that they didn't exist anymore. Most religious people I know, accept evolution and have changed their thinking of what the biblical "days" were.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Nope it's a lie... The world is only 6000 years old. Lol well people use to think the world was flat and well we now know its not. I think a lot of Christians are starting to except evolution. I mean you can only deny facts for so long right?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• So the scientists were present and witnessed this phenomenal event? Wow! When do we get to meet them? Sixty-six-million-year old scientists is the news in this piece!!!! And they witnessed dying dinosaurs! I'm gonna go turn on the news!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• So the scientists were present and witnessed this phenomenal event?

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Or not lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• It won't change anyone's mind. I wish it would, but it won't. So many revel in their ignorance.....joyfully wallowing around
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I don't believe these things to mutually exclusive, science and religion. I grew up with faith AND believing that Dinosaurs were killed by an asteroid.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• "I don't believe these things to mutually exclusive, science and religion. I grew up with faith AND believing that Dinosaurs were killed by an asteroid."

It used to be that you were the norm. I was raised in church but never had an issue with good scientific knowledge. Now though, it appears that the zealots rule the roost.....and the classroom
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Will this change how people attempt to present their cases on other issues like climate change and religion?

I guess Nanny B answered that for ya.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• "Will this change how people attempt to present their cases on other issues like climate change and religion?"

Apparently not.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2013