Apartment hunting. advice plz?

I'm 26 a single Mom, I have 1 boy at home he's 7. I always was a military wife so just moved where my ex took us weather on or off base, so I'm kinda new at this. obviously I'm alone now, I live in a medium size town u could say. Anywho, I been looking for a 2 bdrm apt. That I could afford & is in a nice neighborhood, I looked online, in the paper, got realty rental guides & of course drive around looking. There is about 30 apartments in my budget & are in good locations. I only viewed 4 in person & I'm exhausted. Should I see them all? I have 2 Weeks to finish looking. I work at home, & homeschool my son so commute isn't an issue. Just about all the apartments pay the majority of utilities too. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Did you take into account grocery store? church? your doctor? your child's doctor? Public transportation in case your cars breaks? Bank? If you did and the apartments have everything you want in terms of size, pantry, # of bedrooms and # of baths. Then there is no reason you have to keep looking make a decision based on those you have seen.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I would want to be close enough to stores, bank, doctors stuff like that. The apartment should have some sort of laundry.

Answer by louise2 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I don't go to church, & all of them seem to be close to shopping & dr.'s
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I would look around and see what apt. complexes look like - go by day and night to see how quiet or loud they are..you would be surprised to find that there is a total difference in the evenings and on the weekends..it's almost like the cockroaches come out at night. It's so important for your sanity and the happiness of your child. See if there are kids around and look closely at the play areas. Do it a couple of times till you feel it's truly suited for you.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Check out the schools and churcch if you attend. Check crime rates in the area.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Go the unit you think you might like during different times of the day and night so you can get a feel for the area. Check out the schools so your child can go to the best school possible.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Decide if you want upper or lower floor, the neighbors the age of the place. how clean it is. check the one you like on line for reviews
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2013