Does your teen have a job? At what age did they begin working?

My daughter does not work. During the summer she takes a college class and has an internship at the Museum. She is in 10th grade.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• My aren't old enough to "work" yet. I worked from 16. I worked full time when I turned 18 during my senior year. I kept my GPA up over a 3.0 and still graduated on time. I think it is ALL child and family dependent. I worked and will encourage my children to work. I want them to have a good work ethic and be able to keep up their grades at the same time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• both our kids had jobs once they turned 16. They were allowed to keep about 25% and the rest was for college.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• my 19 yr old tried to find work-but didn't have any luck... she is in college anyhow-so THAT is her job
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• My boys had summer jobs, but during school they were too busy with all their activities
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2013