What does it take to receive a job interview offer?

I have been thinking there must be something wrong it what i am doing (or not doing) since i have sent many resumes already through websites but haven't heard back. what steps would you take to get at least to the point of being interviewed?( i haven't done it, but should i seek on websites people employed in particular workplaces and talk with them too to have their word put on me? how to network?) can anyone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Money & Work

• Start with a temp agency. Seriously. They can get you in the door and that opens worlds of networking opportunities.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• heck honey I've sent in resumes and gotten interviews but I still haven't got a job..Interviews don't always yeild employment.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Your resume might not be done right.

Answer by louise2 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Who are you applying with? Go to indeed.com there are tons of jobs there to choose from. I applied to a job the other day and a temp agency (free of charge) called me and is now sending me email jobs that I can choose from. Good luck!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• When you apply online; often your application/resume just sits there. It was on the news not to long ago that many potential employers don't ever bother looking at your submissions. After you submit your app and resume; wait 2 to 3 days then call them for a follow up. When you do this; they bring your information up on the computer and it brings you to their attention. It works, trust me. GL
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2013