Would you eat this chicken?

It's called Silky Chicken or just Black Chicken.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 7:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• The Silkie (sometimes alternatively spelled Silky) is a breed of chicken named for its atypically fluffy plumage, which is said to feel like silk. The breed has several other unusual qualities, such as dark blue flesh and bones, blue earlobes, and five toes on each foot, whereas most chickens only have four. ... They exist in several colors including red, buff, blue, grey, black, white, and many mottled variations.

In addition to their distinctive physical characteristics, Silkies are well known for their calm, friendly temperament. Among the most docile of poultry, Silkies are considered an ideal pet. Hens are also exceptionally broody, and make good mothers. Though they are fair layers themselves, laying about three eggs a week, they are commonly used to hatch eggs from other breeds and bird species. Silkies come in both a full-sized and diminutive forms, the latter being typically k
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Not with it looking at me!
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• That thing is really cool. But it looks like it would attack me if I thought of eating her.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Just found this on wiki: All Silkies have black skin, bones and grayish-black meat; their Chinese language name is wu gu ji (烏骨雞,[9] literally "dark boned chicken"), meaning "black-boned chicken".[7] Melanism which extends beyond the skin into an animal's connective tissue is a rare trait, and the Silkie is one of only a handful of chickens to exhibit it. Disregarding color, the breed does not generally produce as much as the more common meat breeds of chicken.

If it was raised in an organic, pastured manner I would serve it to my family. I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't eat it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• if it was prepackaged like normal chicken in the store I would, but if it came wth its beak and feet no
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I've seen it on chopped too. It's supposed to be very tasty

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I saw those on Choppped once. They said its best to make broth from and not actually eat the meat.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• scary chicken...
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• why is it BLUE?

if it is colored from dye- 100% NO

if it is a natural thing- maybe, but thinking if natural it might be endangered, so no
    lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• No.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2013