Does anyone know if these "Make money on the internet at home" ads are for real or a scam?

I am trying to find work from home jobs because I am struggling with finding a job that pays more than $6.25 an hour, full time (you're lucky to get part time employment here) so that I can continue fighting for my granddaughter (Boulder County CPS has her) and support my two younger children (one is autistic)? I have tried some of these make money at home businesses, and I keep paying them money to start me up, but then I can't get them to show me how the darn thing works, or they want more money, or they tell me that my money can't be refunded as it is the start up costs - to something I can't seem to do or get to work. Is it me, or is this just a scam and I keep falling for it?

Sierrarose99

Asked by Sierrarose99 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Money & Work

• Stop giving your money away, its a scam.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Most are a scam.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• 99% of them are scams. Why not start an in-home daycare business or afterschool nanny? check out Care.com or sittercity.com for freelance pet and kid care jobs.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• There are plenty of things you can do to make money from home. However, those ads are NOT them. You should try eBay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• pretty much all scams. They know how many women want to work from home and they run with that...

try babysitting- that's what I did to make money when I needed it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I did this too, placing ads on google and actually making money on it is really, really hard because you have to drive web traffic to the ad and have people click on it to make any money. All those ads you see on sites, well if you click on them for more info, someone gets a dime. I picked up on one bogus scheme I saw on NBC and the number worked to the help line sporadically. I couldn't move forward so when I did get a person, I told them my lawyer wanted their manager to call him so we could proceed because we were gearing up to sue them. That was never true, I lied about that in order to get my refund. And I did. Assh*les.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Sierra, I blog about work at home opportunities and ideas if you are interested at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• A lot of them are scams.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Thanks everyone for your answers. I have tried the survey ones to and they never pay anything, only enter you (supposedly) in some contest. I found myself sitting at the dang computer all day answering survey after survey (at least 50 a day) and never got a dime, so I guess those are a no to. I will keep looking for something. I appreciate all of your imput.
    Sierrarose99

Comment by Sierrarose99 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I work from home. I leave the house twice a week for a total of about 8 hours. I make as much as my husband's full time job.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2013