Have you ever applied for a grant in education?

where to look if i qualify and for what kind of a grant? what are the kinds? should i contact every school i could go to (campus or on-line) or is there any institution that takes care for these matters?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Money & Work

• I received a scholarship for single moms

Answer by missanc at 8:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Fill out a FAFSA and send it to the school you want to attend. They'll tell you everything you qualify for
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I recieved a Pell Grant, went through FAFSA
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Gaaa! I hate filling out FAFSA!! Had to do it 6 times so far and probably at least another 3 to go.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I really thing Community colleges are a great place to start your degree. Many make it easy to transfer into universities if that is what you want to do.

It is very easy to fill out a FAFSA application, and if you go to a local community college their financial aid office can help you do it.

This is a government grant that you do NOT have to pay back. You will be awarded an amount based on your finances. Single moms with lower incomes can sometimes get enough to cover the minimum fulltime credit hours including your books.

There are many loans the school can direct you to, that will allow you to pay them back after you leave school, I would avoid them as best you can and if you absolutely need them then they are there utilize it. :D

Good luck and way to go on your interest to continue your education.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 9:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• FAFSA is agood place to start, but don't count on the schools to tell you everything you might qualify for. Go to your public library and ask for the big book of scholarships, which is updated yearly. I can't remember what the name of the book is, but every public library has it. There are little known scholarships for al kinds of people--different religious groups, civic clubs, career societies, charitable foundations, memorials, etc, offer thousands of awards each year. My first time in college, I got much of my school paid for by combing through that book and applying for everything I could find.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2013