How often do your child Godparents see him/her in a year (come to visit him/her)

my child Godparents see him occassionally, but come with a visit once-twice a year (on Christmass and to his birthday). I consider it rare, esp. that they live half an hour of driving from us. should i feel bad about it. no calls, how he has been doing or anything alike. am i too harsh or too expectant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why cant you go visit them? My Sisters & BIL's are my kids Godparents & we see them when we can. Otherwise I bring the kids over to see them. They all work full time.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• my kids don't have one. they have grandparents but i don't understand what the role of a godparent is.

just wondering how old are they? are they retired or working people?

sorry i know where your coming from, my parents live ten blocks from us and they only see the kids on christmas. but my mom is going back to school (she's 56) plus she takes care of her mother who has been helping her brother take care of their mom (my grandma) who can't be left home alone for long periods of time. my dad works for a club and is always doing something down there.
    most the time we have to call them if the kids want to say hi.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• but i don't understand what the role of a godparent is.

The role is basically to ensure the child is raised in the chosen faith, to help them stay on that spiritual path.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• no wonder the kids don't have one then. i can't trust anyone in my family and the only best friend i ever had is gone. we've only lived in this city for four years now. who knows i might find someone who could do that.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• About 6-10 times a year. They live 3 hrs away.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• no godparents
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Not much since they move 8 hours a way a year ago. They saw her in August for 13 days....I will get their kids for Spring Break and then possible go up for a trip again in the Summer. It is easier for me since my work can travel as long as I have my computer and internet access.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Different people view gorparenting in different ways. To many it is just and honorary thing. My kids godparents called and sent letter, cards and emails when we did not live near enough for visits. Thenwe would meet up about 2xs a year when closer at least every month and often every week. Distance does make a difference in visiting in person. Both kids spent sometime at the godparents homes over the summer form about the age of 7 maybe? They are older now and all but one has died and that one still checks on my daughter oftern.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I was stupid enough to let who I thought was a very good friend be my son's Godmother. She fell off the face of the planet about a year ago.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I made a bad choice at Godparents. They haven't been seen in 3 years.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2013