Robberies are up in the area. How about where you live?

The police recommend motion lights and to lock windows and keep them covered. What do you recommend??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Hook a giant dog chain outside your home somewhere close to your door. Get a huge dog bowl & set it out in plain sight then get a sign that says "Beware of Dog".
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• We have 2 large dogs, well one that will eat you if you're not invited into our home. He's a 100lb German Shepherd. We also have a Mossberg 500 Persuader Shotgun. I know how to use it.

As for robberies in our area, I don't know of any new ones, but we live out in the sticks, so if we hear about something it's usually a week after the fact.. Most people around here know we have the big dogs, and our neighbors over the hill have a huge artillery of weapons. When people know about any of that, they tend to stay away.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• always change up your routine, different lights in the house ever so often, never come and go at the same time.
    As we were taught in CJ classes, locking doors and windows only keep honest people out anyways.
    Caution when coming and going, keep bushes near door cut back so that no one can hide behind them.
    It ALWAYS looks like someone is home

I dunno, idiots are mixing it up these days, robbing homes in broad daylight

Hell, get a gun m-avi and learn how to put em down the second they make it in your house!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Double barrel deadbolts (key to get in, key to get out) for any door with glass near it. Thumb screw locks on any sliding door or window. Kick bars under your doorknobs. Touch alarms on your windows.
    Crime is down here.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• The police here have suggested the same but also alarm systems since recent home robberies have taken place during the day while people are at work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I get robbed a lot.

ghetto.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Not sure about the statistics and if it has risen, but our Habitat for Humanity was robbed. = (

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I have a light on a timer because I would probably forget to turn on the lamp at night if I didn't. After moving out of a garden level apartment years ago that had belonged to a prostitute right before I lived there, I swore I would never live in another place where I slept on the ground floor. I also would never be without a big dog, or at least a smaller dog with a nice big bark. Someone who hears my black Labrador from the outside of the house won't know she's the biggest teddy bear who ever lived. And who knows, maybe she'd show her meaner side if she had to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I live in a fairly small city....a good city. But recently(the past few years) it has gone to shit! Robberies, drugs,rape, even murder! My husband and I deliver newspapers at night(everynight). One morning, just before 5 am, we dropped some papers off at a store that was just opening. we saw some guys just standing outside their car and didnt think anything of at the time. Later that day I found out those guys robbed that store litterally right after we left!
    And just this week there was a murder! Just down the street and a few blocks down from us! Last time there was a murder was in 2007.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• It's up slightly where I live but it's mostly drug dealers shooting each other and car theft. It's a shame.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2013