Not digging Windows 8. I had been running XP

It's not intuitive at all.
SO says he can get a "wrapper" for me so it feels like XP but has been a bit distracted, lol. So I am waiting.

My Firefox isn't the same. I have to teach it to do what I want. But I don't remember what the add ons are called.

I don't have the right programs loaded for my printer OR coupons. Never really realized until today how often I print stuff :(

Until I get my "wrapper" is there someplace you would recommend I go for some help on figuring how to use the system?

Right now if I get caught in an "app" I have to ctrl/ alt/ delete.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 11:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Technology

• I can't help you, but I feel for you, sister. I got Windows 7 almost two years ago after running XP for a very long time, and I still detest the new system. Especially the ribbons instead of menus in all of the programs. I still can't find anything. My daughter came home from preschool with a swearword the other day, and when I told her she wasn't allowed to say it because it wasn't a nice word, she said, "Unless I'm talking to your computer, right, Mama?" Ooops!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I've heard Windows 8 has a ton of bugs ... I feel for ya. I'm still running on Vista.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• lol sunshine- 8 had me kicking and screaming. there was no way around it. the comp is brand spankin' new
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I had issues with an upgrade from vista which I did not like, the problem is if your computer is half 32 bit and 64 bit it will cause issues. So I got a pure 64 bit system Windows 7 and installed all programs that was for that. A lot of programs are writing for 64 bit like Firefox, adobe . . Too find out just go to my computer to see if your operating system is 32bit or 64 bit. I'm IT and it gives me fits. For now no plans on getting windows 8, it looks like a bad tablet. I have all flavors of windows except 8
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I hate it too.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2013