Anyone had that new procedure the ESSURE instead of going to the hospital to get their tubes tied?

I am almost 3 weeks after and STILLL bleeding, STILLL Cramping and apparently this is "normal" although NOT in the brochure nor did they tell me it'd be like this. Then the said I'd need to be safe for the next three months till it took full effect then after the procedure gave me the 3 month Depot shot..saying it'd be very harmful if I didn't not have it done.. I'm SO pissed about this... I wish with all I had I would have gone and gotten the surgery.. vent done

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• It's very normal. I bleed for like 4-5 weeks afterward. But it is so worth it! It's been almost a year since I had it down and it's great! I also haven't had a cyst since then and I got them a lot while I had periods.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Hope you feel better soon!!! I can't help you with any info on that procedure, but I had a hysterectomy almost a year ago and I am SO glad I made that decsion.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• sorry you are going thru this, hope you get better soon
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• My girlfriend had it done and because of the way it works (your body grows scar tissue around the foreign body) it takes 3 months or more to take full effect. They did not however "force" her to get a depo shot just told her she had to use back up. The bleeding and cramping is normal though and the brochure she had said that (I read it because I was considering it instead of my IUD).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I had it done 6 years ago and had no problems. Bleed a little the day of the procedure but that's it. You do need to use back-up protection for 3 months for the scarring to happen. (just like if a guy got a vasectomy you need back-up protection for a bit) We used condoms until I had my test to make sure it was all set.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I hope everything turns out okay and good luck.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2013