When you cook dinner do you make it truly homemade or from the box/jar?

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 11:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I make a lot homemade. We don't eat hings like hamburger helper. Most use frozen-fresh veggies. I canned my own pasta sauce & tomatoe juice, make my own jellies in the summer etc..
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Total homemade.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 7:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I do a combo leaning more toward boxed/canned/prepacked. I do alot of homemade stuff for holidays (and I mean all of them, not just Thanksgiving and Christmas), but most of the rest of the time, I just don't have the time/patience/energy to do it. We do use alot of fresh meat though, since we know lots of hunters and we hunt ourselves.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Mostly from scratch, with a few store bought items.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• combo. the only thing i buy in a box is pasta & broth and the only canned stuff is tomato paste and alfredo sauce...so in other words i dont homemake things that just take waaaay too long to do myself.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• It's a combination. I can make pasta, but it's much better when it comes from a box. I use bullion or boxed broths to add to my soups if needs. I am not making corn chips, at least not yet.
    But a lot of what we eat is home made. I'm currently waiting for a batch of brown bread to rise.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• a combo...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Depends on what it is. My mother cooked out of boxes and cans when I was growing up, still does. I developed a love for homecooking though so more and more I'm making stuff from scratch just because it's both cheaper and tastes better. Still very much a combination, though. In some cases, like with frozen french fries, the convenience outweighs the benefits of being homemade. For example last night I used frozen french fries, but made a cheese sauce from scratch for our steamed cauliflower.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Noodles, rice and tomato sauce - I buy canned or boxed. Everything else I cook from fresh.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Combination but on the stuff that isn't homemade I buy organic,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2013