What was the craziest name you were going to give your children?

My husband wanted to name our 1st Melvin Renee - I just couldn't do it!

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 11:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Baby Names

• We probably used our "craziest" names for our kids. I know when my husband suggested the name we eventually used for our daughter (it was my grandmother's sister's name) I thought he was crazy, just No Way! I wouldn't even consider it, automatic veto.
    But it grew on me until it was in our top two names (along with the very classic name Audrey), and ultimately we went with that family name I had completely laughed off at first.

One of our sons has a name that is recognizable but unusual, never seems to get used.

I guess maybe the craziest names that we considered but didn't use were probably Otis, Ambrose & Anselm. And for girl names, I don't know....(most of our real considerations were more classic.) Maybe Ailis (Ay-lish...Irish form of Alice) or Maisy/Maisie. We talked about Calliope or Clementine or Sadie but neither of us was sold on those so we were never "about to" use them. My husband wanted Veronica.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• DH joked he wanted to name DS Anakin. I got his to stop by agreeing to letting it be his middle name. I said okay. But we had already agreed on Carl so how about Carl Anakin. It sounds nice.... He shut right up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Oh, I forgot about the name my husband suggested. I believe it was Jamir for a boy or Jamerica for a girl (combination of both our names). Yeah that was a big EFF NO!!!! Might as well gone with Bonequisha.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• i always wanted to name a kid after the base i was born and then later lived on overseas...Kadena (Ka-dean-ah). my mom was gonna name me that when i was born, but luckily decided not to. i also wanted to name a kid Kanziora (Can-zee-or-ah) when i was younger cause it was a character's name in an Australian movie.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• DH and I really didn't like "crazy" names. I think Atticus is probably the craziest/unusual name we liked.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• ^^ I hear sig and I think captain Spaulding lmao.

I guess craziest name was lilianna. Not a fan of weird names.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I wanted a Jamaal. I had girls.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I wanted to use the middle name Jewellan (Jew-el-lan) for a girl. Jewel because it would have been the name of the baby who was lost when the pregnant teenager's mom talked her into getting an abortion at fourteen weeks instead of letting my boyfriend and me adopt, Ellan because it's the middle name of my best friend since high school.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• haha for whatever reason hubbs fell in love with bacardi as a name for our youngest
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 2:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Thankfully we were never into the crazy names...not even enough to humor the idea. I hate, hate, hate my different name and I would never want to intentionally curse a child with that. DD is lucky we didn't name her Jane or Mary.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2013