Scoliosis??

Last time I was checked for it was when I was 12 maybe? Always told no. But now in adulthood my epiderals have always worn off half hour after getting them.. Obgyn says it happens sometimes could be a result from my nerves, just my body's reaction to the medication or if I have scoliosis..

My uncle on my moms side of the family has it but because I was told no years ago I figured I don't.. Not realizing I could develope it.. And just the other day I found out my half sister (6 yrs younger then me). Was just diagnosed with a mild case of it...

Have any of you heard of this happening? If so how do u "develope" it...? Is bad posture a cause? Because I will admit I do hunch my shoulders..

Next doctor visit I'm going to ask them to check, finally get to the bottom of this epideral issue

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 11:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Health

• I had the same problem. They try to give me epis when I was about to give birth but my spine openings are sotight the doctor said it was a result of scoliosis
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• It can become more severe as you age as mine has but I would assume bad posture could force the spine out of what is considered normal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• I got scoliosis a couple of years ago.  My chiropractor has been working on it for a year and my spine is almost straight now.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I was tested in 7th grade. They said the test was inconclusive
    I had my epi with my son and the doc said,do you know you have scoliosis? Ummm,no lol
    Hunching your shoulders in adulthood does not cause it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2013