Do you have pets and keep them even when you have alergies?

We have 2 dogs (small) and all of us are alergic..

Asked by madmueller at 11:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2013 in Pets

• Yup. I am allergic to all animal hair. Cats and horses are the worst. I have a dog, and have had one most of my life. I am pretty much okay as long as I wash my hands after I pet him.

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Yes, I am the only one in our family not allergic to eiter cats or dogs.
    We have two bostons

Answer by Dardenella at 11:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• no, I am allergic and have terrible asthma as do the girls
    with my immune sytem weakened already an allergy attack turned asthama can land me in hospital with aterrible resp problem

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2013

• It's a good thing none of us have allergies. I'd be hard pressed to get rid of my animals.

Answer by Ballad at 12:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I think my guinea pigs are making me wheeze. I have 8 of them and I think half of them are at the end of their life

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yep. DH is allergic to cats. I am allergic to pet dander. We have dogs and cats and a Guinea pig and a rabbit and a frog...

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I am allergic to cats, but I would be a very unhappy mama if I couldn't have cats. I have to make sure she doesn't touch my face, and allergy pills help. It's worth the swollen eyes, and hives

Answer by musicmaker at 1:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• None of us are allergic, but my husbands aunt is allergic to the cat. So before she came to visit I started washing my cat in Dander Destroyer and used the furmiator on him every day. She came for 2 weeks and never had any sort of reaction. So I guess it was a combo of dander destroyer and furminator that kept it all down for her. NATURE'S MIRACLE™ Just for Cats™ Dander Destroyer Formula Ultra-Cleanse Shampoo for Cats - PetSmart

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I am not allergic (as far as I know) but if I were my pets would stay.

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I had reactions to one of my cats when I was pregnant with my daughter but regular bathing, about every 4-6 weeks, kept my from reacting.

Answer by Fairierose81 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2013