Is he too old?

I met a man when I was 19. He was 29.
I'm turning 21 this month, and he's turning 31.

I can't help to wonder if I'm wasting my time with him? We get along great. And we love each other very much. But I feel as if I'm wasting the 'best years' of my life, with him, while he already had his with another woman he spent almost a decade with!

Sometimes I want what he had. Someone I'm with while I'm young, and grow up with, and experience life with. He's already experienced his youth with someone.

Maybe I'm overreacting.
I just don't know. I think about it a lot. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I think that age difference is not an issue. The only thing is that he is sincere and caring to you. The age difference between my MIL and FIL is 35 years and led a successful life.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 7:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Yes, he is too old
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Well tell me about 17 years of difference!
    maleik

Answer by maleik at 11:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• So you think he is old, at 31? Yes he is older then you by 10 years. It all depends on you. If you already feel this way. Maybe you need to rethink your relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yes! I married my ex when I was 20 and he was 33. There is a world of difference between 20-30.

Answer by missanc at 11:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• If you want to enjoy your youth, then you should. End it & then date other people. Because obviously you are not ready to settle down, that's not a bad thing, most 21 yr olds aren't.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I personally don't think its a big deal but if you're questioning it then it means its a big deal to you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I think you should go out and expereience your youth and explain that to him and also let him know that you love him and will come back to him you just want to make sure your not missing out on something/someone. Good luck and I dont think your waisting your time. ")
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I think if you are thinking a lot about it as you are, then more than likely if you do end up staying together you will resent him later for this. I would set him free so you both can move on with people that are right for you.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• There's a big maturity gap between 21 and 31
    he's most likely feeling settled into his life,you're just starting yours
    In 10 years it won't make a difference,but now it could be a big issue

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2013