Do you have a dream you want read?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I took all 3 kids to a larger city for a movie. Once there, we couldn't find the theater so we had to walk all the way back to the van. Once at the van, 3 men approached wanting something and pulled a gun. I had my older take the baby and the 3 kids got in the van. I hopped in quickly and got my pisol from the glove box. As I pulled away, they fired 1 shot but it missed us. We drove but got lost and wound up in a grass (dry like corn stalks) yard of a house with pointed turrets. The lady inside gave us tea but it was time to go. When we left, the older and baby were in the van but the yard had given way to a pond and the van was tetering on the edge of it. It toppled over but I jumped in and got both kids out. The other child had went inside with me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I always have dreams that I am having dinner with celebrities different every time. Once Madonna (both my ex and I had the exact dream). She is having dinner with us at our house. Since then I have had this same dream with various different famous people Jimmy Carter, Meryl Streep, Alice Hoffman most recently Donna Tartt.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Wow, fiat!! That's pretty amazing. Thank you.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• brawn
    Easy - you want the doc
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• OOoo, I hope you're still reading this.....

This is the back story. I just ended a really intense relationship. I'm NOT interested in being with anyone else, ever again lol. But there is this surgeon at my work that I call Dr. Dreamy and last Saturday we ended up spending much of the day together at a work function (forced togetherness as we were partnered for resident interviews)

This is the dream:

I was at a park and there was some sort of carnival going on. Rides and balloons and such. It was fun but I was with someone, as a date. I remember thinking, "this is so cool, I'm out with Dr. Dreamy" and when I looked up it was a completely different doctor.....one that is my oldest daughter's age! That was a little creepy.

What the hell. I can't even dream things right!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Crazy fiat! I wish I had a better dream to tell you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• i think you miss your friendship with her
    but realize that it is not healthy for you
    the uphill, her on bigger slope compared to your less steep - you know she has more issue, more than you are willing to take on, you are on lower easier path

restaurant is down (along harbor)
    down- meeting at a place with no issues, (not a high path)
    harbor=water, water is calming soothing
    you wish it was friendship with out drama- a neutral place,
    tourist- a place you can visit in dream but not someone who lives there

sad- yes, you miss her but can not keep up with her high path- too much to handle

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• So last night I had a dream about a dear friend that I've disconnected with because of all of the drama she creates and her unwillingness to change her life. I'd known her 20 years when I finally cut the strings that tied us together, it wasn't easy.

My dream was that I was here on the penninsual, walking up the hill and I saw her riding a bike up a higher path. She was very pale, and she saw me on the lower path. She stopped and waited, and I walked up to her and hugged her. Later we met for lunch in a little restaurant down along the harbor. It wasn't a restaurant that really exists, and was very touristy, we actually sat and talked in the bathroom in my dream. We both had a lot to say, but as usual, I let her talk and knew that we I couldn't stay in touch.

It was a sad dream. What do you think?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• train going right through your home (before divorce)
    everyday like the tracks were part of the floor- a huge change in your home life
    regular scheduled thing- you had no misconception that things would ever be the same again- you knew as this young child, that it was permanent
    loud and noisy- huge disruption

mountain lion that stalked area?- was there a person that frightened you back then? someone in area- someone that was close by to you
    could not go outside- might be that you felt that you could not talk about your feelings about this person (the lion)

who is the lion- what is your first thought on this
    thinking lion (cat) is female
    could you not let your mother down by expressing your feelings

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• There was a recurring dream I used to have as a tween. We (my mom, 2 sisters, brother, and I) lived in the house that we grew up in before mom and dad's divorce, and there's was a train that passed through it everyday like the tracks were part of the floor and it was a regular, scheduled thing. It ws loud and noisy, but you couldn't go outside because there was a mountain lion that stalked the area and would attack you. That's basically it or at least what I remember.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2013