Do you have a dream you want read?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I took all 3 kids to a larger city for a movie. Once there, we couldn't find the theater so we had to walk all the way back to the van. Once at the van, 3 men approached wanting something and pulled a gun. I had my older take the baby and the 3 kids got in the van. I hopped in quickly and got my pisol from the glove box. As I pulled away, they fired 1 shot but it missed us. We drove but got lost and wound up in a grass (dry like corn stalks) yard of a house with pointed turrets. The lady inside gave us tea but it was time to go. When we left, the older and baby were in the van but the yard had given way to a pond and the van was tetering on the edge of it. It toppled over but I jumped in and got both kids out. The other child had went inside with me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yes, I really do. but, unfortunately, I haven't had any new ones that I remember.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I was doing laundry at the laundromat a couple blocks from my house. SO asked me why I didn't just do the laundry at home. I said I didn't know. There were dress shoes in my laundry load and they came out so clean.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• larger city crime- reading hearing terrible things that are happening in the world
    could not find theater - feeling not at home in city- had to walk all the way back to van- van/home- more comforatable out of city, safer out of city/crime
    3 men approached with gun- you have 3 kids- you are worried about future of each of your 3 kids
    kids into van (home), pulled your pistol from glove box in your van (your home base) you are protecting your home, home life, family- concern about crime/harm coming into your home/family
    fired but missed- you have kept them all safe so far
    drove, got lost- you at loss about future regarding crime/society, kids future
    dry like corn stalks- not watered, not calm- worry. yard of a house with pointed turrets- defensive of your home 

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• The lady inside gave us tea but it was time to go- older woman symbolizes a past life, time to go- this time is past, can not go back to eaiser times, these times are gone

When we left, the older and baby were in the van but the yard had given way to a pond and the van was tetering on the edge of it. It toppled over but I jumped in and got both kids out. The other child had went inside with me.

pond is water a calm place- meaning your home, but teetering on edge- your home is safe but the world is always there on the edge with it's dangers, it toppled, you you stopped- you have been and continue to keep family/kids safe. older child- went in with you- you have already prepared this child somewhat about the dangers in the world
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

you were at laundry mat, because you NEVER get out of the house, couple blocks- shows you do not want to run away far from home, but do need a bit of space, some me time
    dress shoes in your laundry- you crave the you that you were before t shirt with spit up on
    they came out so clean- if you had some "me time", dressing like a female you and not a mom you- you would feel "clean"- refreshed

telling husband that you do not know why laundry blocks away- he does not know what it is like to give all of yourself to the kids and not be the person that you were (clean shoes) he would not know what it is like to be in your shoes
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• There was a recurring dream I used to have as a tween. We (my mom, 2 sisters, brother, and I) lived in the house that we grew up in before mom and dad's divorce, and there's was a train that passed through it everyday like the tracks were part of the floor and it was a regular, scheduled thing. It ws loud and noisy, but you couldn't go outside because there was a mountain lion that stalked the area and would attack you. That's basically it or at least what I remember.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• train going right through your home (before divorce)
    everyday like the tracks were part of the floor- a huge change in your home life
    regular scheduled thing- you had no misconception that things would ever be the same again- you knew as this young child, that it was permanent
    loud and noisy- huge disruption

mountain lion that stalked area?- was there a person that frightened you back then? someone in area- someone that was close by to you
    could not go outside- might be that you felt that you could not talk about your feelings about this person (the lion)

who is the lion- what is your first thought on this
    thinking lion (cat) is female
    could you not let your mother down by expressing your feelings

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• So last night I had a dream about a dear friend that I've disconnected with because of all of the drama she creates and her unwillingness to change her life. I'd known her 20 years when I finally cut the strings that tied us together, it wasn't easy.

My dream was that I was here on the penninsual, walking up the hill and I saw her riding a bike up a higher path. She was very pale, and she saw me on the lower path. She stopped and waited, and I walked up to her and hugged her. Later we met for lunch in a little restaurant down along the harbor. It wasn't a restaurant that really exists, and was very touristy, we actually sat and talked in the bathroom in my dream. We both had a lot to say, but as usual, I let her talk and knew that we I couldn't stay in touch.

It was a sad dream. What do you think?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• i think you miss your friendship with her
    but realize that it is not healthy for you
    the uphill, her on bigger slope compared to your less steep - you know she has more issue, more than you are willing to take on, you are on lower easier path

restaurant is down (along harbor)
    down- meeting at a place with no issues, (not a high path)
    harbor=water, water is calming soothing
    you wish it was friendship with out drama- a neutral place,
    tourist- a place you can visit in dream but not someone who lives there

sad- yes, you miss her but can not keep up with her high path- too much to handle

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2013